- If you could be any fannish character for a day, who would it be and why?
Hard questions right off the bat. :P Let’s see…I’d probably pick either Nimloth from The Silmarillion, but only if I get to pick the day and avoid all the tragedy and such, or one of the princesses from fairy tales after the “Happily Ever After”. Maybe Violet from The Boxcar Children as well, or Nancy Drew. It just depends, because I just want to experience all my favorite character’s lives without ending up tragically dying.
- Name as many books, movies, TV shows, animes, comics, celebrities, etc. that you can think of that you have felt or feel fannish about.
Defining fannish as “I would write about/have written about this”
Books: Everything of Tolkien’s, Nancy Drew, The Boxcar Children, Harry Potter, Inkheart, Dracula…honestly, most books I’ve read all the way to the end I’ve either wanted to explore more in that universe or fix things.
Myths/Fables/Etc: Almost any fairy tale, Gilgamesh, most mythologies, Arthurian legends, this list could really go on forever.
Movies: Labyrinth (the David Bowie one), Pirates of the Caribbean, all the Disney princess movies, The Good Dinosaur, Marvel’s superheros if I ever manage to feel caught up with them.
Plays/Musicals: Anything of Shakespeare's, Legally Blonde, Wicked, Phantom of the Opera (also good with the book for this one), Thrill Me, Into the Woods, probably forgetting more.
TV shows/animes/comics/celebrities: I really don’t watch/read much about these, and celebrity for me is limited to looking up pictures of them looking hot. :P
I’m throwing anthropology in here, because I have a tendency to write allusions to things I’ve studied in my fics, but it’s not something I do in every story or something I have to do.
- List 5 things you enjoy in stories (e.g. a kind of trope, story line, kink, etc.). List 5 things that you do not enjoy in stories.
…I’m really flexible? I can deal with almost any trope as long as I like how the story’s written. I like epistolary form stories (as well as things like fake books, newspaper articles, etc), but I’m not sure that’d work well in a podfic.
Pointless torture/gore, zombies, and animal death are the only things I can think of off the top of my head I don’t enjoy.
- If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
Is ability to remember every book I’ve read a super power? No? I really have no idea, most super powers seem like they have so many downsides (I don’t want to know what people are thinking!) that I wouldn’t really want them…
- If you were stuck on a deserted island, what 3 fanworks would you want with you?
I can’t choose…three long ones, just so they’d take more time to read.
- What are 3 fun/interesting/not-commonly-known/etc. things about yourself (fannish or otherwise)?
I am bad at coming up with interesting things about myself, but here goes nothing:
1. I live on a small farm, with two former racehorses, a miniature horse, three large dogs, a chihuahua, and cats. :D
2. I studied cultural anthropology for my bachelors and want to get a PhD and teach in it.
3. Aside from writing, I like a lot of other types of arts/crafts/etc type things – I did ballet and theatre as a kid before I had health problems, and sculpt/draw/paint/etc now.